Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A fun experience with my son

I thought I'd share a recent experience I enjoyed with my 7 year old son.  Both he and I have a number of common interests, but both of us have grown up with Lego in our lives.  These little blocks have been our building blocks to unlock our imaginations and creative desires on more than one occasion, and still to this day are a common interest that serves as an escape and a private place that both my son and I can enjoy together.

Recently my wife picked up the Lego book (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6621418), and my son and I sat down to flip through this and its companion book together.  As we leafed through, page by page, we'd stop and point at cool sets, constructions that neither of us had seen before, of at things that would be fun to try and build.  We'd flip through the Star Wars sets and my son would relate stories from the Clone Wars animated series on Cartoon Network.  We'd reach the old castle sets and I'd share with him how I built those as a kid and he'd ooh and ahh at the pieces with a huge grin on his face.  I was wearing the same grin.

So thank you Lego for this trip down nostalgia lane, for this common interest and passion I share with my son.

Thank you leg godt, we do indeed "play well".

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful story. My husband and sons usually do battle with light sabers!

    ReplyDelete