Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why Cloudtouched?

So how did I come up with the name of cloudtouched?  It stems from my career actually.  I'm in an IT management position with a fairly large company.  And I'm used to hearing a number of our senior-most leadership talk about the cloud as a platform for everything without having taken the time to describe or define how the cloud is to be leveraged or what are the boundaries of the cloud as they pertain to operations.  And as an IT professional, without requirements, I can't give you a solution.  :)

But when sitting down to come up with a name for this blog, I looked at my career and thought about how I always illustrated the internet, the meta, the cloud in any of my diagrams.  And for those of you who use Microsoft Visio for diagramming technical solutions I'm sure you've just connected A to B.  You always depict the internet as a cloud.

Elegant?  Deep?  Fulfilling?  No, not really.  But I found it appropriate given my experiences.  So I hope you enjoy it.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I actually thought it meant that you were slightly touched by the fairies lol ... this makes more sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a little. But then again, I've always got my head in the clouds too, so that could be contributing. :)

    ReplyDelete